Monday, January 24, 2011

Still working hard.

Well, it has been a while since I have posted Kyle's emails.  We talked for an hour at Christmas.  He sent us some of his poetry.  I decided not to post that.  Then, his next few emails he asked me not to post.  So I didn't.  You should know he is doing well.  He is really growing.  His current companion is really making him stretch and he is having to learn things that are challenging.  So, here is his current letter.  He is learning a lot about himself.  We are seeing an adult emerge.  Way to go Kyle!!  We are proud of you and we love you and all of the work you are doing.  Hang in there!

So I made it a goal for this week to not think anything negative, so here goes my positive streak.
I'm thankful for President Monson's talk on gratitude to give me this wonderful idea, and for President Ezra Taft Benson's talk on pride to help me see any of my stumbling blocks and problems.  I'm thankful for Elder Childers who gave me the talk so that I could read it, and for mission friends whom I can call and speak with and receive the help I need.  I'm thankful for this beautiful land and opportunity that I have to learn another language and immerse myself in someone else's culture.  I'm thankful for friends and family back home who I know are waiting for me and supporting me while I'm here and mostly I'm thankful for a companion who is so much like me that I can learn what a Jerk I was to everyone back home.  I'm thankful for a companion who teaches me the importance of seeking other's aid and not doing it by yourself.  I'm thankful for a companion who shows me just how big of a problem pride is in our lives.  I'm thankful for a companion who shows me the importance of listening to people and hearing what they're saying.  I'm thankful for a companion who shows me the downfalls of bible bashing and fighting.  I'm thankful for a companion who shows me talking to others is important to others even if it isn't to you.  I'm thankful for a companion who shows me the value of the spirit and the difference in your teaching when you don't have it.  I'm thankful for a companion who shows me that one person can't do anything alone.  I'm thankful for a companion who shows me the importance of others opinions and the damaging effects when you don't consider them.  I'm thankful for a companion who shows me why it is important to not be dependent upon only one part of the gospel.  I'm thankful for a companion who shows me what happens when you quit and don't keep going.  I'm thankful for a companion who shows me how ugly destructive behavior is and just how offsetting it is to everyone else.  I'm thankful for a companion who shows me that just because she's beautiful and might like you, doesn't mean she want's you to take her to church.  I'm thankful for a companion who shows me that if you play with a snake it may not bite you, but it wastes the time you could have spent climbing the mountain.  I'm thankful for a companion who shows me that running everywhere isn't the most effective way to do anything because you're probably going to miss a whole lot on the run. And I'm thankful for rain! that doesn't burn my balding head! =) =P
That was a fun letter to write I feel much better.  I can thoroughly attest to what President Monson said that.  If we walk with gratitude in our hearts we will feel it lift us  higher than we ever thought possible, or something along that line =) I hope you all enjoyed my letter as much as I did! =) I hope everyone gets a chance to read it! Especially Sister Craig! =) and all my friends and everyone who has a knack for my beautiful sarcastic responses which are truly heartfelt gratitude for the things the Lord has blessed me with like a quick tongue! Tell Sister Ross I have her letter and ask her if she understands Portuguese and wants a card too or if she'd rather I just write a letter, because If I do say so myself Spanish is weird! Anyways I'm going to go Bye Bye now! =)
Elder Lund

No comments:

Post a Comment