Tuesday, December 7, 2010

This week was.......

CRAP!  President has had a new fabulous idea and has offered a reward for the zone that can do the best work this month. Everything is given points and whoever has the most points at the end of the transfer will get to win an opportunity to have an all you can eat pizza buffet  and watch Toy Story 3 with the President and his wife. Why is this bad? Well, I have been with two comps-both Brazilians-who lied about their numbers to make the goal and have their picture put up online for everyone to see. And so now with an added bonus at the end it is only going to make that worse. My Birthday was quite pleasant and I will leave it at that for now =) However, I was sick for two and a half days this week and am still not back to one hundred percent because I had the pleasure of working thorugh it anyways which was utterly miserable!  None of our investigators were at church and the ones who were at church last week wouldn't see us this week. 
 
Good news, we are still alive! Christmas is almost ready to be mailed to you all and I have been invited by a member in the branch here, along with the other missionaries, to skype for my Christmas call which would mean that if Johnathan has skype and father and mother get skype on the computer than I can talk to everyone and see you all on Christmas day, which to say the least would be pretty sweet! I think that's about it for this week.  Being sick is really aweful and things have to go up some time. um... I hope all my brothers are doing well and having fun preparing for Christmas--my sister as well.
 
Fun experience...kinda, Irma Renata is a wonderful blessed daughter of God who always feeds us and refuses to let us leave until she has to roll us out of her house. One day she will be a member of the church but she isn't yet for a few personal reasons, but she has recieved answers many times that the church is true she just hasn't recognized them has her answers in full. But she was talking and she has a northern accent so I don't understand a thing she says, but I was trying desperately to pay attention to her and help her in some way, both Elder Davis and I were. However it was increasingly difficult because my comp was continuously flirting with one of her two very beautiful twin daughters.  I was growing increasingly frustrated with him and then with Elder Davis' comp as well who eventually  joined with the daughter and my comp. And through my frustration, lack of understanding her northern accent I just could not think of any way to help her. As I said in my heart, "how do we help her?  She is trying to reach out to us but I just don't know what to do.." the words, -Elder Davis has a scripture came clearly to my mind and I turned to find him with an open Book of Mormon and I said, "Elder Davis do you have a scripture for us?"
 
He later told me that  he didn't want to share the scripture but when he heard me ask, he heard -Elder Davis you have a scripture for us -- rather than what I actually said and we shared the scripture and it was very helpful to her and then we went home a danced in the rain =) This has been a condensed version because I'm running out of time to I will talk to you all later and hope you all have a good week and a better one than I had last week..lol  But that really isn't hard to do, so you should have all succeeded lol
Peace Out!
Elder lund

No comments:

Post a Comment