Monday, September 27, 2010

Conference is COMING!!

lol ur silly! Well your letter was really long, but i was happy when I realized that most of it was a conference talk I've alreay read twice so I didn't have to read all of it =) because now I have time to respond lol =) Love ya mom, However, I will NOT be watching conference in Portuguese, they will have an english transmition set up for me to listen to. We were taught very specifically in the CTM NOT to study in Portuguese unless you're studying the language because other wise you spend more time translating and working with Portuguese then you would listening to the Spirit and understanding. So that will be in English for me! =)
That's ligit that Dad spoke with Joe Cherry in sacrament meeting. Man that was forever ago!  The last time I saw Joe, I was at Aaronic Priesthood encampment just before my senior year of high school. That's ligit! I had to talk in Sacrament Meeting too, only mine was the week before I just didn't tell you cause I was not in a talking mood then. But that went well. I was supposed to talk for 10 minuets but I spoke for 20. I like talking it's fun. It was really good for me, I had been really nervous because I still don't conjugate everything the way it should be and portugues is all about accent so I can say the words and conjugate perfectly and some people still won't understand what I'm saying, And then once I hit a word I can't translate and can't simplify I get really stuck too, but I was sitting during the sacrament trying to figure out how to communicate everything I wanted to say and a picture came to my mind. I saw myself playing basketball trying my hardest with all the fury I could muster and falling short, and then I saw myself playing without a care because I loved the game and saw myslef doing amazing things. Then I heard the words Dad would say, "Play the Game." with the addition you play it because it's what you love to do not because you want to be good at it. So I stopped caring, started smiling and when it was my turn I stood up and spoke for ten minuets more than I was supposed to and gave a talk just like it was in english. It was ligit! "the only thing anyone can do, is get on your knees and pray. Then get up and get to work" ~President Hinkley.
One of my favorite quotes is, "A musician must make Music, and artist must Paint, and a poet must Write. If these needs are not meet the person feels restless, on edge, tense and lacking something." ~Manslow.  It doesn't matter where we are or what we're doing, we need to be who we are. You can't be somthing your not, and trying to be will only lead to a life of disappontments. I love when we were watching the Incredibles and Dad pointed out that it doesn't matter what's going on around us we're always happier when we act like who we are. Who we were before we came to earth.
 
Well I have to go, my time is just about up. Take it easy and remember to take the side road once in a while just to see where it goes. Love you all!
 
Elder Lund

No comments:

Post a Comment