Monday, October 4, 2010

Transfers coming up...

Okay, so My favorite talk was hands down Elder Uchtdorf's. Why because my companion is lucky to be alive right now with how frustrated he's made me over the last 5 weeks and he has no idea how close to dieing he has really come. President Uchtodorf's talk reminded me that I'm not going to be perfect in following any of the rules ever, perfection is the goal, but I cant let my frustration stop me from having a good time and having the spirit with me. The only thing I can do is play the hand I've been dealt the best I can and then pray the lord forgives my short comings and makes up the rest. However transfers end this week, and hopefully things will improve. Whether that means change or not, I don't know. But we have interviews with our President on Wednesday and there are some things that I will be talking to the President about. So This week we had two more baptisms, Vinicius and Gilereamy, 10 and 9 years old. They are the two sons of Marcella who will be baptized as well this Wednesday! I'm so Excited for her and her family! I've been working with them for two months with three different companions, teaching and bring to activities, and spending time with their family. And they're finally ready! =) I'm so excited! her husband will need some more time, but I think in a few years he will come around as well. =) She has stopped smoking and is making her way through the BoM from start to finish and has been attending church for about a month and an half and now she has friends in the church as well, and I just can't even begin to say how happy I am for her and her two sons! =)
Summary of this week was Conference, Baptism and ASTHMA! =P three days this week I was completely out of everything because of my Asthma, I cleaned the house and Have been struggling with breathing ever since. two days I couldn't even walk to the door or do dishes without being out of breath. The Doctor in São Paulo has me on Medication and an inhaler, but it's different than an American inhaler, and I would really like an American albuterol inhaler that is very strong! If you could some how have Jeff prescribe one for me and send it down here I would Love IT! If you do send it down here, do NOT mark it on the Box when you send it. They may confiscate it or make me pay a few hundred R$ to get it and the inhalers down here are very expensive and harder to use.
I do have my Christmas list if you would like it, Side note if when you send a box the contents add up to more than 50 dollars I will have to pay ridiculous taxes for the box and it would have been a waste. For Christmas I would like Barley! they don't have it down here and I would love some barley. If you send 50 dollars worth of Barley I would Love you! however then nothing else would fit in the box. The other things I can't gt down here are deodorant, and shaving cream. If you send deodorant I would like either Nike degree or right guard stick, my Old Spice stains my garments blue...=P I also REALLYYY want three other things Cosmo, Fudge and toffee! Would be AMAZING! =) as would socks garments and ties, especially my purple tie you got me for Christmas last year, but I left it in Dad's car after our trip to Oregon and didn't bring it to Brazil with me...=P Razor blades would also be nice. Now I don't want you to send all of these things, these are just some Ideas that I would really like and enjoy. There is one request though that I really really really want, but I want it for my Birthday and I will Probably end up buying it here in Brazil. I want the Lion King on DVD with English and Portuguese languages. There is a bookstore here in town where some of the members think I can go and get it and then have it sent to my house until I come home. and I know it's in Disney's vault but I really want it to be waiting for me when I get home and next year I want the second Lion King. So I'm going to go and see if I can find those today for my Birthday and then have them sent to the house to wait for me! =)
Anyways that's enough about what I want to indulge myself with. Please Send the Barley and inhaler! And thank you for the Pictures! =) This week has been really frustrating because of my Asthma and then while I'm studying my companion watches movies and listens to hard music and it's been really frustrating, but it's all good. But we do only have one more week until the transfer is over and I've been hanging out with Elder Campbell a lot, neither of our comps wanted to go to Conference Saturday so I went with Elder Campbell and  we've been together for most of the week end....I was going to say something else too, but I can't remember...It'll probably come back to me as soon as I get off. Oh well, hope everything is going well for every one Love you all, take it easy and have a good one and no I still haven't received your letters lol
Elder Lund

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elder !!!!!!!!! I'm very glad to find you... is a way of keep in touch. We hope you be fine and we are missing you. The boys always remember you and i'm sure that they will be happy when I tell them that I sent a message for you.
    Peace out !!!
    Marcela / Vinnycius / Guilherme

    ReplyDelete