Wednesday, November 24, 2010

More Growth and Development

This week has been good, it went by kinda slow. I have many time found myself is situations where I feel all alone, where my comps don't talk to me all day where no one on the streets want to talk to us, where none of my friends are near by and I walk through the day waiting for the hour I can go home and have someone to talk to in my dreams where I'm back with friends and family and constatnly have someone by my side. I never went anywhere without friends, and everywhere I've gone I've always looked for new ones and so I have really struggled when I feel left on my own without anyone who wants to be standing by my side. I know the Lord is always by my side, but walking alone by faith isn't the same as laughing with a friend or a brother. I was praying one night very sad and upset at how alone I had been. And the words of a letter I had recieved from the president of SVU came to mind.  He had quoted President Hinkley when he said, "the road of a leader is a long and lonely road to travel, it is hard and difficult. But if the leader doesn't travel it he will never become the leader he needs to be, the imovable rock that his follwers will need and look to." Everything has a point and a purpose and everything is set in preparation for what is yet to come. I don't usually like to talk about what is happening because it is hard and difficult and walking it is hard enough without talking about it too. I'd rather smile and laugh--find jokes to tell and songs to sing.  You do that the best you can and work with all your might, but if you don't laugh when the road hits it's end all you're going to have is a miserable memory.  If you can find something to laugh about then in the end you'll have a story to tell. So I tell my stories and keep the rock to myself. No one want to hear about those anyways. lol
I forgot to tell you last week to thank Sister Ross for me, and tell Sister Craig that her christmas and seminary class will most likely be comming later than hoped for. I wasn't transfered this week but my comp was and now I'm with Elder Anderson, who is an American and I was with him a lot of divisions back in Rio Preto.  So I'm excited!  I really like the kid. I really don't have anything eles to say today.  This week wasn't full of many stories. lol Take it easy everyone  have a good one and enjoy the road you're on. You'll all hopefully be hearing from me around Christmas time, and I'll see you all before you know it. =) Just keep moving forward it's all you can do. I have miles to go Before I sleep and Promises to keep ~ President Monson
Peace Out EVryone
Elder Lund
ps I'll be sending you the number for the Christmas call soon. I can't call you guys so you'll have to figure out some way to handle that =)

No comments:

Post a Comment